Publications of H. Tracy Hall:
NOTE: Tracy Hall received a very complimentary letter in
response to this article from the award-winning J. H. Hildebrand, Dean of the College of
Chemistry at the University of California.
- F. P. Bundy, H. T. Hall, H. M. Strong and R. H. Wentorf, "Man-Made Diamonds," Nature, 176, 51-54
- H.P. Bovenkerk, F.P. Bundy, R.M. Chrenko, P.J. Codella, H.M. Strong, R.H.
Wentorf Jr, "Errors in Diamond Synthesis," Nature, 365, 19
- H. Tracy Hall, "Diamonds," Proceedings of the Third Conference on Carbon
(held at University of Buffalo, Buffalo, N. Y., June 1957), Pergamon Press, London, pp.
NOTE: A reprint of this article is available in Series of Selected Papers in Physics,
Solid State Physics in High Pressure, The Physical Society of Japan, Dept. of Physics,
University of Tokyo,. Japan (1960), pp. 6-14.
- H. Tracy Hall and S. S. Kistler, "High Pressure
Developments," Annual Review of Physical Chemistry, Annual Reviews, Inc.,
Palo Alto, California, 395-416 (1958).
- H. P. Bovenkerk, F. P. Bundy, H. T. Hall, H. M. Strong, and R. H. Wentorf, Jr., "The Preparation of Diamond," Nature, 184,
- H. Tracy Hall, "High Pressure Methods," Proceedings
of an International Symposium on High Temperature Technology, Asilomar Conference
Grounds, California, Oct. 6-9, 1959; Arranged by Stanford Research Institute, Menlo Park,
California, McGraw-Hill, New York, pp. 145-156 and 355-336 (1960).
- H. Tracy Hall, "High Pressure Apparatus," Progress
in Very High Pressure Research, Proceedings of an International Conference Held at
Bolton Landing, New York, June 13-14, 1960, edited by Bundy, Hibbard, and Strong (John
Wiley and Sons, Inc. , Publishers), pp. 1-9 (1961).
NOTE: This article is available in Russian in The Physics of High Pressures,
edited by K. Swenson, (in Russian) published in Moscow (1963).
- H. Tracy Hall, "High Pressure, High Temperature,"
Perspectives in Materials Research, edited by L. Hinnel, J. J. Harwood, and W. J. Harris,
Jr. , Office of Naval Research, Dept. of the Navy, Washington, D. C. , Surveys of Naval
Science , No. 10, February 1963, pp. 730-738. (Note: This material was written four years
before the book was published).
- H. Tracy Hall, "High Pressure/Temperature Apparatus,"
chapter 4 (pp. 133-179), Metallurgy at High Pressures and High Temperatures, edited by K.
A. Gschneidner, Jr., M. T. Hepworth, and N. A. D. Parlee; Gordon and Breach Science
Publishers, New York, 1964.
- H. T. Hall, Guest Editorial, "High Pressure," Experimental
Mechanics, 4, 3-A (1964).
- H. T. Hall, "Transformations in Solids at High Pressure,"
Proceedings of Fourth Meeting, Cape Kennedy, Florida, March 16-18, 1966,
Thermochemistry Working Group, Interagency Chemical Rocket Propulsion Group, Chemical
Propulsion Information Agency, Publication No. 108, June 1966, Volume 1, pp. 67-74.
- H. T. Hall, "High Temperatures, High Pressures, and
Periodic Compounds," High-Temperature Chemistry, National Academy of
Sciences, National Research Council Publication 1470, Washington, D. C. , 1967, pp. 65-66.
- H. T. Hall (Book), "High Pressures (to 100,000 Atmospheres at 1500° C)," American Institute of Chemical Engineers, Today Series,
345 West 47th St. New York, N. Y. 10017, (1967), 179 pp.
- H. Tracy Hall, "High Pressure Scale by X-ray Diffraction
Techniques up to Approximately 100 kbar, " in Accurate Characterization of the
High-Pressure Environment, ed. E. C. Lloyd, U. S. Dept. of Commerce, National Bureau
of Standards Special Publication 326 issued March 1971, pp. 303-306. Paper presented at
the National Bureau of Standards Symposium, Gaithersburg, Md. , October 14-18, 1968.
Available from the U. S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D. C. 20402 (Order by
Catalog No. C 13. 10:326)
- J. D. Barnett, J. Pack, and H. T. Hall, ''Structure
Determination of a Ferroelectric Phase of Sodium Nitrate Above 45 Kilobar," Proceedings
of the Symposium on Crystal Structure at High Pressure at Pacific Science Center,
Seattle, Washington, March 24, 1969, Transactions of the American Crystallographic
Association, 5, 113-131 (1969), Available from Polycrystal Book Service, P. 0. Box 11567,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15238.
- H. T. Hall, "Personal Experiences in High Pressure,"
The Chemist, 47, 276-279 (1970), (Chemical Pioneer Address, American Institute of
Chemists, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, May 19, 1970).
NOTE: This article was reprinted as "Sintered Diamond," in Brigham Young
University Studies, 1-6, 43-47 (1975) [Special Centennial issue].
- H. T. Hall, "The Synthesis of Diamond" in Advances in Chemical Physics,
Vol. XXI, entitled, "Chemical Dynamics," (papers in honor of Henry Eyring), Eds.
Hirschfelder & Henderson, John Wiley, New York (1971), pp. 721-735.
- H. Tracy Hall, "Fixed Points Near Room Temperature,"
in Accurate Characterization of the High-Pressure Environment, ed. E. C. Lloyd, U.
S. Dept. of Commerce, National Bureau of Standards Special Publication 326 issued March
1971, pp. 313-314. From National Bureau of Standards Symposium, Gaithersburg, Md., October
14-18, 1968. Available from the U. S. Govt. Printing Office, Washington, D. C. 20402
(Order by Catalog No. C 13. 10:326).
- A. C. Lawson, J. F. Cannon, D. L. Robertson and H. T. Hall, "Superconductivity of LaOs2," J. Less-Common
Metals, 32, 173-74 (1973).
- M. D. Horton, B. J. Pope and H. T. Hall, "Sintered
Diamond," International Industrial Diamond Association Symposium, Washington, D.
- B. J. Pope, M. D. Horton, H. T. Hall and S. DiVita, "Selection and Treatment of
Diamond Particulates in Preparation for High Thermal Conductivity Ceramics by Sintering at
High Temperature and Ultra-high Pressure," Proc. Ninth Annual University Conference
on Ceramic Science of the American Ceramic Society, Orlando, Florida (1975).
- Chapter I, "Introduction" to Chemical
Experimentation Under Extreme Conditions, Techniques of Chemistry, Vol. IX, Eds. A.
Weissberger and B. Rossiter, John Wiley & Sons (1980) pp. 1-8.
- H.T. Hall, "This Week's Citation Classic, Ultra-high pressure, High-temperature
Apparatus: The "Belt," Current Contents, ISI Press, 41, 14 (1980).
- H. T. Hall, "Synthetic Diamonds," Encyclopedia
of Chemical Processing and Design, John J. McKetta and William A. Cunningham, eds., Volume
15, "Design of Experiments to Diffusion, Molecular," Marcel Dekker, Inc., New
York and Basel, pp. 410-435 (1982).